If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us.
When contacting us, please remember to provide your name and contact details along with any account details, order number or correspondence reference you may have.
MinorsWe do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal data we collectWhen you make purchases from Things4MyHome.com (including purchases made on any device, over the phone, this website or any third-party platform where we have an online shop) or browse this website, we may collect the following personal data about you:
- name and sex;
- billing and delivery postal addresses, phone (including mobile phone), and email details;
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
- where you place an order with us, your payment card details;
- communication and shopping preferences;
- browsing and shopping activities;
- interests, feedback and survey responses; and
How we may store and use your informationThings4MyHome.com (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us;
- with your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS, push notifications and e-mail) about delivery updates, promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associated purposes, including verifying your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal data to any third party, save for any disclosures of your personal data detailed in this policy.
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. Furthermore, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties as part of any business or asset sale carried out because Things4MyHome.com has gone into insolvency or any similar situation, but only where lawful and compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time. We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
E-mail newsletter preferences and text alertsWe provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive e-mail newsletters through your Things4MyHome.com account, the website and through links provided on our newsletters.
Targeted updates and marketingIf you have agreed that we can contact you for marketing purposes we may send you emails and other communications relating to products and services which we think will be of interest and relevance to you as an individual. We may do this by monitoring the browsing and shopping habits of customers and providing them with information on products they have viewed and related products.
Who sets the cookies?The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Things4MyHome.com, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience, and other third parties.
Some cookies are set by or on behalf of Things4MyHome.com and are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website.
Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
What are cookies used for?The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of the website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
3. To enable Things4MyHome.com to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies using a computer for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2 Click on the “privacy” tab
3 Select the appropriate setting
For Microsoft Edge:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Settings”
2 Click on the “View Advanced Settings” button
3 Select the appropriate setting under "Cookies".
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2 Click on the icon “privacy”
3 Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Google Chrome:
1. In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome menu then "Settings".
2. At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings.
3. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
4. In the "Cookies" section, choose your preferred setting.
Please note that these details are provided as a guide and are subject to change by the browser company. Please use the help section on your browser or a search engine to find out more information, and to learn how to disable cookies from other devices.
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
What happens if I disable cookies?
Cookies in emails
Making choices about cookiesIf you don't want to accept cookies from our emails, simply close the email before downloading any images or clicking on any links.
SecurityWe use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the website. To check that you are in a secure area of the website before sending personal data to us, please look to the left of the address bar of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please be advised that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to ‘My Account’ and clicking ‘Change name, email or password’,
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Spoof/false emailsWe will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Things4MyHome.com asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
Your rightsYou have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.