At Things4MyHome.com, we are committed to protecting and respecting your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as updated from time to time, and other applicable privacy laws.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR"), we are the "owner and data controller" for any personal information you provide us in connection with our relationship.
We may change this Policy from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
MinorsWe do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Scope of application
The personal data we collect
There are three general categories of information we collect: (1) Information you give us; (2) Information we automatically collect from your use of our website; (3) Information we collect from third parties.
We use your information in several different ways. What we do with your information depends on when we collect it and what we collect. We may anonymise your information for any purpose permitted by applicable law.
When you make purchases from Things4MyHome.com (including purchases made on any device, over the phone, this website or any third-party platform where we have an online shop) or browse this website, we may collect the following personal data about you:
- billing and delivery postal addresses, phone (including mobile phone), and email details;
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
- additional profile information (such as date of birth, gender, location, preferred language, IP address);
- where you place an order with us, your payment card details (such as your credit/debit card number (except for phone orders, this is only ever the last 4 digits of the credit card number), security/CVV code, and expiration date);
- contact history with us (included service call recordings, chat and instant messages, or communications via our social media channels);
- means of communication and shopping preferences;
- browsing and shopping activities;
- interests, feedback, product reviews, forum posts, survey responses, participation in promotions, and other user-generated content;
How we may store and use your informationThings4MyHome.com (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us;
- with your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS (Short Message Service), push notifications and e-mail) about order and delivery updates, promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associated purposes, including verifying your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
When you make a credit card purchase on our website, your card details are processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. We do not have visibility of your full payment card number. Third party payment processors are responsible for how they process, protect and store transaction data.
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal data to any third party, save for any disclosures of your personal data detailed in this policy.
We take every precaution to securely store any data we collect.
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. Furthermore, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties as part of any business or asset sale carried out because Things4MyHome.com has gone into insolvency or any similar situation, but only where lawful and compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time.
We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
E-mail, telephone calls, newsletter preferences and text alerts
When you place an order with us, you will receive emails from us relating to that order, including order and transaction confirmations, delivery information and updates, etc. On occasion, we may also need to contact you by telephone or by SMS regarding your transaction, order or delivery.
You may also receive SMS messages, emails, and telephone calls from our delivery partners to provide information about your delivery and delivery options. Those delivery partners are responsible for how they store and protect your data. We do not give them permission to contact you for their own marketing purposes.
If you have agreed that we can contact you for marketing purposes we may send you emails and other communications relating to products and services which we think will be of interest and relevant to you. We may do this by monitoring the browsing and shopping habits of customers and providing you with information on products you have viewed or purchased, and related products.
We provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive e-mail newsletters and marketing from us through your Things4MyHome.com account, the website and through links provided on our newsletters.
We do not currently use SMS/text marketing.
Spoof/false emailsWe will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Things4MyHome.com asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
Keeping your information
When we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will either delete it from our systems or anonymise it so that it no longer identifies you.
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties.
Third Party Service Providers working with us: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process payments, or to despatch orders and goods to you). When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary for them to deliver the service. We never give these third parties permission to contact you for marketing purposes. These third parties have their own privacy policies and systems in place to process and protect the data they store.
Suppliers who hand-make products to order for us: In this case all relevant contact, order and delivery information will be provided them to enable them to process the order and deliver goods directly to you.
Our current email service provider is MailChimp, and if you have subscribed to receive marketing from us, then MailChimp has access to name, contact information and details any products you have purchased from us. This is so that we may send you targeted emails based on your profile.
Your rights and choicesYou have the following rights:
- to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you. You can change some of this information in your account settings;
- in some circumstances, the right to request that we delete your information, or stop processing it or collecting it;
- to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our e-mail newsletters or, alternatively, by amending your preferences in your Things4MyHome.com account;
- to request that we transfer your information either to you or a third party;
- to complain to your data protection regulator.
What are cookies?
Cookies are essential to the effective operation of our website and to enable to you shop with us online. Cookies may also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to our customers, both on this website and elsewhere.
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or other mobile or handheld devices (such as smart phones or tablets) as you browse this website. They are used to 'remember' when your computer or device accesses this website.
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Things4MyHome.com, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience, and other third parties.
Some cookies are set by or on behalf of Things4MyHome.com and are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website.
Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us to provide additional website functionality and services, and marketing programmes.
What are cookies used for?The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of the website, particularly in relation to online transactions.
3. To enable Things4MyHome.com to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies using a computer for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options".
2 Click on the "privacy" tab.
3 Select the appropriate setting.
For Microsoft Edge:
1. Choose the menu "tools" then "Settings".
2 Click on the "View Advanced Settings" button.
3 Select the appropriate setting under "Cookies".
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Choose the menu "tools" then "Options".
2 Click on the icon "privacy".
3 Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options.
For Google Chrome:
1. In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome menu then "Settings".
2. At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings.
3. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
4. In the "Cookies" section, choose your preferred setting.
Please note that these details are provided as a guide and are subject to change by the browser company. Please use the help section on your browser or a search engine to find out more information, and to learn how to disable cookies from other devices.
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you disable cookies it is likely that you won't be able to make purchases on the site.
What happens if I disable cookies?
Cookies in emails
SecurityThis site in its entirety uses HTTPS (HTTP over SSL or HTTP Secure) through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) with 256-bit encryption. HTTPS encrypts and decrypts user page requests as well as the pages that are returned by the Web server. Your browser shows a green padlock to indicate that the website is protected by HTTPS and an SSL Certificate. This is used for secure browsing, credit card transactions, and data transfer and logins.
Please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to 'Account' and clicking 'Change name, email or password'.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Third party sites
How to contact us / Owner and data controller
Any questions regarding this Policy and our practices should be sent by email to [email protected] or by writing to us at:
FAO: Owner and data controller
75 Montague Close