Light brown Terra Nation KauKohu Plus 'Wide Cloud' beach sun tent
The Terra Nation KauKohu Plus beach shelter not only provides protection from the sun. This light brown pop up sun tent is also packed full of practical features.
This innovative 4 person beach tent has a unique automatic opening and closing system, which makes it easy and quick to take up and down.
And while you relax on the beach you not only enjoy shade and a some privacy, but the sun shelter offers 98% UV protection from harmful rays with a UPF of 50+.
The KauKohu Plus has large mesh windows which provide ventilation and along with the opening of the beach shelter ensure you have a 360° view of your surroundings. If you want more privacy then simply roll down the attached covers over the mesh windows.
Lift the extended ground sheet up to cover the beach tent's opening for more privacy when required.
Pegs and cords are supplied to secure the pop-up tent, and the small external pockets can be filled with sand or pebbles for extra stability.
Inside internal pockets are provided for holding small items, such as your mobile phone, wallet and spectacles, and you can hang light objects on the j-hooks at the front of the beach shelter.
The whole sun tent fits into its own practical carry bag with a zip closure and shoulder strap.
Terra Nation translates the name of their spacious 'KauKohu' pop-up beach shelter as 'Wide Cloud' in the Rapanui language of Easter Island.
Terra Nation is a German company whose ethos is to offer beach and leisure products which are outstanding in terms of design, materials, functionality, practicality, colours and aesthetics.
Our light brown Terra Nation KauKohu Plus beach shelter comes with free mainland UK delivery and benefits from a 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee.
Features and benefits
- Practical, spacious, innovative beach shelter for shade and protection from the sun, and privacy.
- Unique automatic opening & closing system for easy installation.
- 98% UV protection from harmful sun rays (UPF 50+).
- 360° view.
- Extended ground sheet can be lifted up to form a closure panel over the front of the beach tent for extra privacy.
- J-shape hooks for hanging light objects.
- Large mesh windows for ventilation, with covers that roll down for privacy.
- Internal pockets for holding phone and other small personal items.
- Pegs and cords provided securing the beach shelter.
- External pockets can be filled with sand or small pebbles to provide extra stability.
- Carry bag with zip closure and shoulder strap.
- Brand: Terra Nation
- Colour: light brown
- Ground sheet: Oxford Polyester with PU coating
- Canopy: Polyester Silver coating with UPF 50+ sun protection
- Weight: approx. 4 Kg
- Capacity: 4 people
- Floor area: approx. 3.30 m2 + 2.40 m2 extended ground sheet
- Frame diameter: 8.5/9.5/11mm FG
- Head Joint mechanism: UT system, Hub II
- Carry bag (packed size) (l x d x h): approx. 107 x 18 x 18 cm
- Erected shelter: see diagram below.
- Assembly & care guide: download PDF
We purchased this beach shelter to take with us to Spain on holiday as we knew that temperatures would be around the mid-thirties. After considerable searching the Internet for beach shelters, and reading highly favourable reviews of these shelters, we decided to purchase the four person shelter as we were a group of four adults with a little baby. The shelter arrived in good time and I was very surprised to find it in such a small carry bag. However, when taken out of its bag, and fully opened in one very smooth pull of the strings, it was surprisingly large. The beach shelter is of excellent quality and well engineered. The design is perfect with extra pockets at base level to fill with sand for extra ballast if needed, three good size netted windows to allow air through, and a large extended ground sheet at the front. Good quality pegs are included and support strings fixed to the shelter if needed. Although we didn't use it on the beach as originally intended (temperatures reached 38 degrees - too much for us) we did use it at our holiday cottages where we were staying on the grassy area by the pool. It is an excellent shelter for both adults and children giving a high level of protection against the sun, and is assembled. packed away in minutes. I can't fault it and would highly recommend it. However, make sure that if its a breezy day, anchor it down well using the pegs and sand bags and if on grass use a rubber mallet to knock in the pegs! This advice would apply to any beach shelter/umbrella/tent!Reviewed by: Brian Rockey from Wokingham. on 8/7/2016
Have you also thought about...