A blog about homes, homeware & design
- Measure twice, cut once
- Read that book you always promised yourself you would read!
- We don't sell brain cells, but if we did...
- Summer is complete
- The ultimate stylish holiday travel kit
- There is something cool for the garden in this bag!
- Heads were turning!
- The secret to a perfect pancake
- Wonky pedals and potato peelings
- A Story of Love!
- Discover a hidden benefit of our Sensor Mirrors
- Three little words for you
- What does a tattoo have to do with baking?
- Let us guess your New Year's Resolutions
- It's time to celebrate!
- Festive Fun!
- What time is it? Quality time!
- Get First Lady looks with our daylight sensor makeup mirrors
- Is it love-all again?
- How Grand Designs got it right with the Cacoon hanging chair yesterday evening
- A solution to Jack Frost at your fingertips!
- Get ready for cooler Autumn nights!
- Fancy creating your own escape zone?
- How to create a cool chill-out space
- The best beach & gym bag in the world?
Posted by Things4MyHome.com on 2/13/2012 to Ideas & Inspiration
Well, here is a great idea for something that will last much longer than a card. This adorable bookmark will remind your loved one of you every time they read a book.
All you need are some paint colour cards (hues of reds and pinks will of course work especially well for 14 February), some thin ribbon and a heart shaped hole punch.
Carefully glue two colour strips together so that the colours face outwards on both sides. This makes for a stronger, double-sided bookmark.
Use the punch to make a heart shape on every colour band. Then punch another hole at the top of the card and thread a piece of pretty ribbon through it.
Et voila! One bookmark ready to go!
Have fun making these with the kids so that they have a great little gift to give to other members of the family.
If you make these Valentine bookmarks or create your own variations send us a link to a photo. We'd love to see your creativity.
The Things4MyHome.com team
Date: 2/15/2012 2:09:00 AM
Date: 2/15/2012 7:06:00 PM